Friday, May 27, 2011

Update time and a little scare!

      This week I went to the OB on Tuesday.  I was feeling great, aside from having burnt feet from my trip to the beach the day before.  I was 38 weeks and 4 days into the pregnancy.  Her heart beat was 145 and strong.  She's moving the appropriate amount.  Everything was looking right on track unitl they measured my fundal height.  My measurement had stayed the same for the past 3 weeks.  My doctor told me that she thought everything was fine but suggested we do an ultrasound to take a look at Avery to make sure that she was alright and had not stopped growing.  She suggested we do it at my next weekly appointment, but I was not going to be able to wait that long.  I said, "well... how about we do it now."  They did not have a ultrasound tech available, so I scheduled my ultrasound appointment for the next day.  My doctor keep telling me that it was probably nothing, but it would be best to take a look to make sure all of our bases were covered.  
       I held it together during the rest of my visit, but had a breaking point when I left the office.  There wasn't much I could do at this point, so I went back home, prayed and took a nap before I had to go into work that evening.  I wasn't able to nap very well because I kept thinking of everything that needed to be down around the house.  I was able to do some serious cleaning before heading into work that night.  Trey was such a rock for me and he even did a lot of cleaning around the house while I was at work. 
       Work wouldn't not have been so bad if my back wasn't hurting so much.  I have been having a lot of pain in my upper back over the past 2 weeks.  It comes and goes, but always seems to occur at the most annoying times.  I have found that the Icy/Hot patches work best and have been using them frequently while at work.  I was able to get some really good sleep Wednesday morning and woke up that afternoon to get ready for my appointment.  I was very relaxed and knew that it was all in God's hands.  I put my faith in him, got ready and even pack a small bag in case we need to go to the hospital.  Trey took the afternoon off and meet me at the OB office.  By this point, I had secretly decided that I kind of wanted to get the ball rolling on this labor thing.  The ultrasound tech was awesome.  She took a bunch of measurements, looked at Avery's major organs, and did one last double check to reassure us that our little angel was indeed a girl.  That was refreshing as I had some dreams about her being a boy.  People would see my stomach and say things like, "oh your definitely having a boy."  She informed us that everything looked good and according to the measurements on the ultrasound, Avery was measuring about 6lbs 12oz.  We were relieved and now it was time to see the doctor.  The doctor was fabulous and informed us that everything was fine.  He said that he didn't expect us to have an 8lb baby, but he hoped to see me progress into labor in the next week.  He explained that my fundal height measurements aren't getting bigger because Avery is descending further into my pelvis.  I was put at complete ease, but slightly bummed that we were not going to meet Avery quite yet.  So instead of getting my packed bag out of the car, I grabbed my grocery bags and headed to Trader Joes. 

     Looking forward to a good OB visit this Wednesday, and we will be sure to keep everyone updated on any progress.  Until then, I am going to be walking a lot, hanging out by the pool, eating the foods they say help induce labor and anything else to get the process going!
Me and Avery at 38 weeks

No comments: