Friday, May 13, 2011

Avery Update...were going weekly now!

You heard it right, we are going to the OB on a weekly basis to check on Avery and myself.  I had my weekly visit this past Monday and will be heading back on Tuesday of next week.  I am very lucky that my blood pressure is great, I don't have any swelling in my ankles, and I am feeling great overall.  Aside from some occasional back pain, I have not reached the "I am over this pregnancy thing" phase.  This past week has been filled with many emotions.  Part of me wants to keep carrying her inside me because I know I will miss her precious kicks, hiccups and movements.  On the other hand, I am so excited for her to get here so we can love her, hold her, kiss her and start our adventure as a family of 3. 

The doctor was able to confirm that Avery is head down, so that is great news.  Let's just hope she doesn't try doing any flips before the big day.  I am measuring right on track for our June 3rd due date, but I am not going to be heart broken if she decides to come a few days or a week early.  Miss Avery's heart rate is regular, strong and normal rate.  It is always a great big relief to hear her heart beat.  They offered to check and see if I have started to dilate, but I do not think I want to know.  Women walk around for weeks slightly dilated before they actually deliver, and I do not want to give myself any misconceptions that she might be coming early.  Maybe I will have them check at my next appointment. 

Once, my mom finishes the window treatments for the nursery, I will post the final pictures of our progress. I am very happy with how it all turned out.  I go in there everyday and try and find new things that I can do and organize.  I hope my bursts of energy will continue once Avery arrives because I am going to need it.

No comments: