Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summertime is calling me!

The weather has really started to feel like summer.  I am very glad that I will not be pregnant the entire summer, but for now I am thoroughly enjoying the weather.  Sunday, we spent the day at the pool.  It was so nice to sit and relax.  The water was a bit chilly but felt great after sitting in the sun.  Trey and I have had so much special time together over the past couple weeks and we are truly ready for this little girl to join us.  Sunday evening we went and got an ipad 2.  We are having so much fun playing with it.  We even had some face time with Trey's parents the other night.  It will be so much fun to let them see Avery. 

Monday morning Robyn and I packed up and went to Wrightsville Beach for the day.  I know many of you are thinking that I am not suppose to be traveling.  It was just a quick day trip and I go to Wilmington a lot for work, so I figured it would be good for me.  The doctor never said I couldn't go, but I never really asked or told her I went.  At least my sister is a nurse and could be of some assistance if labor were to have started.  Again, we picked up some lunch at Sweet and Savory before making our way to the beach.  The weather was perfect, sunny with a gentle breeze, and we had a very relaxing day. 
Could not have asked for a better view. 
We even went up to the pool at the Sun Spree and hung out there.  I hope that we will be able to make a trip back this summer with Miss Avery.  It sure will be different.  Three mothers with their children sat near us and we watched them in action for most of the day.  These easy day trips are going to require a bit more planning and I am going to have to learn to tolerate kids covered in sand one day.  My preggo friend, Robin, joined us towards the end of the day.  Again, it was great catching up with her and seeing her progress.  Robin and Chris are expecting baby Wyatt in September.  I do not think I will be making anymore beach appearances before our delivery day, as they are not as easy and my back really hurt by the time we got  home.  I am very greatful that I have been able to enjoy these warm and sunny days.

No comments: