Friday, May 13, 2011

Sleepover with Samantha

We had Samantha spend the night last Saturday while the rest of her family was out of town for a basketball tournament.  We always have fun with Miss Samantha.  She is so helpful and entertaining.  Every time she leaves, I find myself even more excited about having a little girl of our in just a few weeks.  Saturday night while she was at a birthday party, I had dinner with my parents.  Uncle Trey was out of town for Justin's bachelor party.  I was excited to have her company while Trey was out of town.  Friday night, she learned how to ride her bike without training wheels and was hooked for the rest of the weekend.  She even got me on the bike and we rode till dark on Saturday night.  I woke up in the middle of the night with some serious pelvic pain, so on Sunday we saved the bike riding for when Uncle Trey got home. 
 While waiting for Trey to get home, she helped me with some final touches on the nursery.  I added some decals to the walls that went along with the birdie theme in Avery's room.  I found a great company online through etsy that does really nice decals for walls.  I chose to do a decal over her crib in lieu of a picture, so that nothing comes crashing down when she gets big enough to stand up and reach for things.  After that I found some coordinating items for other areas in the room.
 Trey working in the yard trying to clear out the swing area.   Sadie has gotten the hang of our new electric fence and knows exactly where she can go without getting zapped.  This has been very convenient for us, and I am extremely happy thus far with our purchase. 
Uncle Trey and Samantha heading out for one of many bike rides that afternoon.  They did come back with some bloody knees, but went right back out after I cleaned Samantha up.  She was so brave and continued riding even after her little mishap with the neighbors shrubs.
 Before we know it, Avery is going to be doing laps around our cul-de-sac.

No comments: