Wednesday, April 27, 2011

See how are garden grows...

Check out our herb garden.  Again, I have been inspired by one of Bree's posts on gardening, and I planted a little herb garden off our back porch.  In one box I planted chives, parsley, basil and cilantro.  I am very excited about this batch of seasonal herbs and can't wait to use the cilantro in some home-made guacamole.  We cook with chives often and they alone will save us some serious $$$.  In the other box I planted rosemary and oregano, which will last through the colder months. 

Below is the start of our garden.  We did 2 rows of tomatoes, green peppers, zucchini and I did 2 jalapeno plants for my brother-in-law, Ian.  Once the cucumber seeds start to sprout and grow a little, we will transplant them to the big garden.  We are also going to consider adding a row of green beans if there is room.  I wish we had the space for corn, as we love fresh steamed corn this time of the year. 

 Knock out roses are looking good.

The other day, Trey and Ian put mulch down in our front and side yard.


Thanks Uncle Ian for your help!

 Our next projects to conquer:
 Spruce up the swing area and trim the greenery.
Also need to plant some more flowers around the house now that we are clear of freezing weather.

Hope to clean my care really well in the next week because Avery's car seat and car accessories are ready to be installed in the car.  Then we can head to the fire department to have them check it.

No comments: