Saturday, April 9, 2011

Baby Shower Time

     The next weekend after our trip to Hickory was also busy and filled with celebrations.  On Friday night my friends, Robin and Haley, come into town.  Allison joined us and we all had a fun and relaxing evening together just catching up.  We also were very excited because Robin, who is about 18 weeks pregnant, found out that she is having a sweet baby boy this September.  I am so glad that we have all remained so close since we all moved to different towns after graduating college.  The friendship I have with these ladies is amazing. 
     The next day, Trey made a delicious breakfast and we all lounged around the house.  That Saturday afternoon we went to my older sister, Roni's, house for a baby shower.  It was so great to see so many wonderful friends and family.  A couple of my friends and a cousin brought their little ones.  My nieces were in heaven as they love children.  After the baby shower, Alexis asked me if I could hurry up and have Avery because she is so excited to hold her and play with her.  My 3 nieces have started discussing the order in which they are each going to hold Avery when they come meet her in the hospital.  This is so cute.  Everyday I am amazed at how blessed we are to have such supportive and loving family and friends.
Cute flower decoration that is now on Avery's nursery room door.

My sisters had adorable decorations for the shower.

 
Adorable burp cloths from Robin

 
Megan and Lily James

  
Myself with my mother and sisters. They are the BEST!

Soon there will be another girl for this picture!
 
Alexis, the future babysitter, and Parker.

Yummy cake!

Avery's first Wrightsville Beach t-shirt. 
Looking forward to many beach memories, Thanks Kelly!


Beautiful picture for the nursery from Trey's parents.  It was my inspiration for the entire nursery.
 
Haley, myself, Melissa, Allison and Robin

Parker and Karla

Avery got some Chuck Taylor shoes.  She is ready for football season.

Sean and my Aunt Cheryl.
Sean is going to be a big brother this fall. That makes 13 great-grandchildren for my dad's parents.

     Finally, I will end with a picture of the baby bump.  She must be growing because it seems I am getting bigger everyday and I am able to feel every movement.  I love when she gets hiccups, but do not always enjoy feeling her do summersaults and whatever else she likes to do when I am trying to sleep. 
Less than 2 months and we will be able to hold our baby girl!

32 weeks
     After the shower at my sister's house, we headed back to play in the nursery.  My oldest niece, Madison, came over to help put things away and organize the nursery.  She was so much help, and she had so many great ideas about where to place things.  I know that she is going to be so helpful once Avery arrives into this world.  Madison is also my God-daughter, maybe that is why she is so responsible and helpful...haha!  Sorry for the lack of post over the past 3 week, but as you can see we have had some busy weeks.  Stay tuned in for a post coming on Avery's nursery progress. 

No comments: