Thursday, April 14, 2011

Getting ready for the next Chapter

Over the next few weeks, I plan on making several meals to stock our freezer for our first couple months of partenthood.  I am almost finished with the nursery and all our other home updates, so I have begun my food preparation plan.  I am hoping that the stocked freezer will help us enjoy our summer and eliminate other additional stressors.  I am taking off the entire summer and plan on enoying all of my precious time with our baby girl.  The other day I made 3 large containers of meat sauce that I plan on using for lasagna, baked ziti and other casseroles I will be making and freezing in the next 2-3 weeks.  Tonight, I decided to make 4 batches of meat loaf.  This meatloaf is delicioius and easy cause you cook it in the crockpot.  Trey's cousin, Bree, is a genious cook and has an amazing blog with great cooking recipes. Click here for Bree's slow-cooker-meat-loaf and I promise you are going to love it.

 Trying not to make a huge mess and keeping everything seperated.

I look and feel like I am getting huge. Less than 7 weeks left!

My four meat loaves ready to go into the freezer.

I am so glad that we have an extra fridge and freezer in our garage.  I am placing all my prepared meals in there, and I will be sure to post a picture of it when I have it filled.  I am very optimistic that I will get everything done on my massive "to-do list" in the next 6 weeks.

2 comments:

Bree said...

You are so smart!! I love it.

The King's said...

I owe it to you Bree! Thanks for making lift a littel bit easier!