Friday, April 15, 2011

More Nursery Progress

We have definitely made a lot more progress with Avery's nursery since our last 2 baby showers.  I am slowly gathering a few more things and soon it will be complete.  My mother is currently working on the curtains, and you can see the curtain rods are waiting for daddy to hang.  Next week we are having blinds installed (finally after living in our house 1.5 years I have decided on blinds and window treatments).
 I have had so much fun with the nursery project.  I walk in her room everyday and organize anything I can get my hands on.  I found a table to go beside the chair, and it is currently in the garage waiting on a final coat of polyurethane.  I found it brand new and ready for a coat of stain at the Raleigh Flea Market for only $25.  Add another $5 spent at Home Depot and we have a beautiful table that matches perfectly for only $30.  I was very excited about this deal because I had been looking at one to purchase for $130.

Two bird pictures my sister, Robyn, had made for us.  They are adorable and she used the fabric from Avery's sheets in each of the pictures.  The bird pictures are a perfect touch.  Daisy Faye Designs does an amazing job with coordinating wall art and special applique outfits.
  I have a decal of her name that coordinates with the birdie theme for the wall above the crib.  Etsy has the most adorable decals to purchase for nurseries.  I am going to get another matching decal for above her closet of a tree branch with birds.  We are waiting for everything else to get put into place before I put up the decal, as I do not think it can be moved.  I am also going to purchase a special birdcage for the wall to hold pictures and other fun things.  Over the next 2-3 weeks we are going to give my car the ultimate clean and then have our infant carrier installed. Until then, it's just hanging out in the nursery.
The picture above the dresser/changing table was my inspiration for the entire room.  I had a lot of trouble deciding on linen in the beginning.  Once I decided to use this picture, everything else just flowed.  I hope that I do not regret ordering a white chair (not sure what I was thinking, but it looks great). 
My niece, Madison, got Avery this personalized bow holder.  I love how it matches her room and keeps all her bows organized.  Let's just hope she has hair before her 1st birthday. 
My father made us the fantastic birdhouse book shelf.  I love the picket fence at the bottom.  The flower on her door was from our baby shower in Cary.  I love it so much and think it's a perfect accessory.

    Avery needs to hurry up and get here so I will have something to keep me busy once I finalize all the little details in her nursery.  I know that Trey is getting tired of all our projects and ever growing to-do list.  This weekend we are working in the yard.  Going to make a large garden box so we can grow some yummy fruits and vegetables this summer.  We are also getting all of our flowerbeds ready for mulch and flowers to be planted.  Finally, we are going to cover the area on the play set that was once a sand box.  All the lumber is in the garage, let's hope mother nature decides to cooperate with us.

No comments: