Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Girls are so much funner...

Monday night we had the pleasure of having my youngest niece, Samantha, over to hang out and spend the night. I had an amazing time, and I am incredibly excited about the arrival of Miss Priss. Samantha and I hung out and ran some errands while Uncle Trey was at work. We went to my favorite baby store, Green Pea Baby, to pick out some things for her cousin's nursery. Samantha was very helpful with the fabric decisions for the chair in Miss Priss' room, and she showed me many cool things that we "have to get for the baby."
Samantha had this wonderful idea to get some balloons and blow them up when we got to the house. So after a few more errands and getting some balloons, we ventured back home. Before all the balloon fun, we baked two cakes for the cake-pops that we were going to make. This was such a fun and yummy project. I highly recommend it.
I wouldn't be a good aunt if I didn't encourage her to lick the yummy batter left in the bowl!

After we made the cakes and let them cool, we crumbled them up and combined them with icing.
We made balls out of the mixture and place them in the freezer. I would recommend freezing the mixture before rolling the balls. It makes it so much easier!

We chose pink chocolate and melted it for the outside of the cake-pops. We dipped the sticks in chocolate, let them cool, and then place the cake balls on the stick. We dipped the ball into the melted chocolate and let them cool. It's much easier to place them in a piece of foam to cool.
We had so much fun doing this together. Samantha was a very quiet baby/toddler, but you would never know it today. She said some of the cutest things. I loved when she kept telling me how much fun she was having and saying thank-you. She also talked about her cousin-to-be. Samantha is so glad we are having a girl and told me that "girls are so much funner!"

After the cake-pops cooled, we placed them in these fun valentine's bags that Samantha pick out.

We took some of these yummy treats to Aunt Robyn and Uncle Ian before getting ready for bed.

As for the balloons, we blew them up in many different sizes, played volleyball and other fun games. Samantha had a blast popping them, aka scaring Sadie and Uncle Trey.
Sadie and Samantha love each other so much. Samantha even tried convincing us that they should stay in the same room at bedtime. This wonderful evening and afternoon has me so giddy about our future. Looking forward to many fun memories as Aunt Becky and especially as a mother.

No comments: