Monday, March 14, 2011

What we've been up to...

I have been very bad about keeping up with blogging lately.  We have been either out of town, busy with projects or out doing things that might not be as easy once Avery comes into our lives.


The first weekend in March, I went to the mountains with some amazing friends.  Despite the rainy weather we had a wonderful and relaxing weekend.  It was great to catch up.  My friend Robin is expecting her first baby at the beginning of September, and it was great see her progress.  While driving down the mountain on our way to dinner on Saturday night, we got stuck in a ditch.  Unfortunately we missed dinner, but I can't think of 3 better people to be stuck in a car that is leaning sideways.  After two hours, we were rescued by a nice man from AAA. 

Robin, Allison, myself and Haley

This is where we got the car stuck the night before on our way to dinner.  The rain made the trench look much better than it did when the tow truck pulled us out!
We went to my parents' house last Sunday night to celebrate my mother's birthday.  We enjoyed a wonderful meal and a fabulous cake from Blue Moon. 

Dad recently learned to text from my nieces. Robyn is showing him an easier way to text on his "cheap phone."






On Monday, my friend Amanda and her daughter Cameron came to apex for a visit and lunch.  It was so nice to catch up with them.  Amanda is having a boy in August.  She brought me a box of Cameron's baby clothes for Avery, and I could not have been more excited.  We are very blessed to have 2 special friends with girls that have offered to let us use some of their hand-me-downs.  Avery is very lucky to have such stylish friends!
Cameron sitting on the horse.
We went out Saturday night to celebrate St. Patricks day at one of my co-workers party.  We had a great time.  The next day we took advantage of the beautiful weather and did some serious yard work and spring cleaning.  Looking forward to daylight savings time change and more evening light. Hopefully, the warm weather is here to stay and we can enjoy our time outside until the pollen attacks us.

No comments: