Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Girls clothing is too cute!

I have learned that March in the triangle area is congisnment time for many moms and moms-to-be.  I have amazing mommy-friends that have recomended certain shows to attend, and I stumbled across one in Apex a few weeks ago.  I even was able to drag Trey to the one in Apex.  I am not a hard-core consigner, but I have found a few really good deals.  We were able to find some fun outfits for football season...GO PACK!  I am slightly hesitant about having a baby at the games, but my mom insists that it is going to be easy and that she is more than willing to hold Avery.  She's got plenty of experience, as Robyn and I basically grew up in a basketball gymnasium. 

Last night, my mother and I went to a show in Raleigh with a large inventory of beautiful items.  It was predominently clothing and a few accessories.  I have quickly learned how fun and irresistable little girls clothing can be.  I was very impressed with the large inventory of new clothing at the show.  We actually got to go before the general public since we went in the grnadmother-guest slot.  There was a large crowd of women waiting before they opened the doors at 7pm.  Then the chaos began, and we quickly learned the essential dos and don'ts of consignment shows.  We also learned that not everything was a deal as some of the items were marked higher than things we had seen in stores around town.  We gathered a bunch of items as we went through the racks and then found a spot on the floor to sort through our pile and decide on final purchases.  It was great to have mom with me as we were able to sort through our pile and make sure none of our picks were flawed.  Overall, it was a successful evening.  We had a wonderful time and came out with some fantastic deals, as well as some adorable dresses and bubble outfits for sweet Avery.  
Some of our great brand new finds from the raleigh show.
I also have to mention how much I love zulily.com  My younger sister introduced me to the bargain website with adorable children's clothing and accessories.  I always have a great time browsing, but I made my first purchase this week.  I had been looking for something special for Avery to wear home from the hospital, and think I found the perfect item at a wonderful price.  I hope that I am pleased with my first purchase when I get the package. 

No comments: