Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Nursery Progress and Other Projects

I thought I would take some time to share the progress we have made with Avery's Nursey.  My wonderful mother painted the room and my fabulous husband and father added to the existing crown molding.  I am very fortunate to have so much help.  The bumper, crib skirts, mattress and some other accessiories came in last week.  We are just waiting on the sheets to arrive.  The crib is ready to be assembled and are looking forward to the fun experience.  I will continue to share progress as we hang window treatments, add more furniture and the other final touches.  In the next two months, the fabulous chair we ordered should be in and my dad might be finished with the fun bookshelf that he is making for Avery. 

I love the crown molding in her room.  Trey took down the ceiling fan and his parents have orderd a chandelier to add the perfect touch to this little girl's room. 
Below is a picture of the crib laid out and ready for assembly. My sister was so sweet to give us the crib she used for her 3 girls.  It is in incredible condition, and we were relieved to have one less thing to purchase.  I hope to soon have a picture it put together and ready for linen.
I will continue to share progress as we hang window treatments, add more furniture and the other final touches.  In the next two months, the fabulous chair we ordered should be in and my dad might be finished with the fun bookshelf that he is making for Avery. 

This past Saturday, we had gorgeous weather, and it was the first time that Trey wasn't golfing or I was not working.  We took the opportunity to get a bunch of things done in and around the house.  My parents came over to help with some first-time projects.  The morning started early with some laying of concrete to make a slab for our trash and recycling cans on the side of the garage.  Yes, I am deffinitly nesting and wanted our waste management containers to be neat and organized. 

I finsihed painting the doors in Avery's room as well as some other doors in the house.  I am planning on painting all of the doors before the end of May if the weather and my energy permit.  Here is my setup for painting the doors.




I also planted a bunch of flowers in planters.  The nice weather felt so wonderful and it put me in the mood for flowers.  I picked up some pansies and potting soil while they were getting stuff for our concrete slab.  I have deffinitly inherited a love for flowers from my father.  They truely make a house look nice and inviting. 

As you can see in the pictures, my father and Trey cut down a big tree that had died.  This was rather interesting to watch.  We have a really fun playset in the backyard that I know Avery is going to love.  The only part I do not like is the sandbox.  They are too messy and I don't like the idea of having the neighborhood cat box.  Thus, Trey removed all the sand from the box and spread it across the yard to help with grass growth and drainage issues we have in certain areas.   Next week we will be covering the area formerly known as the sandbox...Yeah! 

In the afternoon, I did some spring cleaning and cooking inside, Trey and my mother started to groom the flower beds in the back yard.  We deffinitly have our hands full in the back yard.  We have many things that we want and need to do, but are trying to do it a little bit at a time.  I don't understand what the previous owners were thinking when they did their landscaping. 

We were exhausted by dinner, but we were very pleased with our progress.  I hope we have many more nice weekends in the coming months, so we can make more porgress in the backyard and continue to accomplish our long to-do list!  Stay tuned for nursery progress, kitchen construction and hopefully finalizing window treaments and accent furniture.

No comments: