Friday, April 12, 2013

Molly Fisher King

Sunday March 24, 2013 at 1:25am, we welcomed Molly Fisher King into the world. Molly weighed 7 pounds 1 ounce and was 21 inches long. She is our tall and lean girl with a head of dark hair that is already lightening up.

 Molly's entrance into the world was much quicker than big sister's birth. I started to have contraction early Saturday afternoon. Daddy worked in the yard, while mommy did a lot of cleaning and some touch-up painting inside. Big sister, Avery, played and was finally feeling better after a bunch of sick days in the previous weeks. Around 4pm the contractions got stronger and closer. We called the doctor, who informed us to make our way to the hospital. We got ready, stopped by friends' house to drop off a baby gift, and make a pit stop at Moe's for a bite to eat before arriving at the hospital around 6:30pm. Contractions remained strong and 3-4 minutes apart, but I was only 2cm. We were instructed to go walk for an hour nd the come back to be checked for progression. We paced the halls of Rex for an hour and contractions were about 2-3 minutes and getting much stronger. My doctor decided to keep me since I progressed to 3cm and we were in our labor room by 8:30pm. I got my wonderful epidural around 10:30pm and then the ruptured my membranes. We attempted to get some rest...at least Trey got some! I called my mom around 1am to tell her that I was 6cm, and when I got off the phone the baby had come off the monitor. The nurse came in to reposition the monitor and noticed that she had dropped a lot. Miss Molly was close to coming out and I was dilated. The nurse helped me wake daddy and I encouraged him to get some coffee. He was confused and asked me "why?" Before I could say anything the nurse told Trey, "your going to have a baby really soon!" Trey perked up and was ready after grabbing a cup of joe. Before we knew it several nurses and the doctor came in the room and started getting everything ready. After a long contraction and pushing, Molly Fisher King was here! We couldn't believe that she was born so quick, especially compared to labor with Avery. She was perfect and we were so happy to finally meet our little girl. That morning all of our family came to meet Molly. Avery was so good with her little sister. It was love at first sight. Monday afternoon we were discharged and took sweet Molly home.  


















No comments: