Friday, September 7, 2012

1st Day of Preschool

Wednesday was Avery's first day of preschool. She is going to a Mother's Morning Out program for 1 year olds.  It is less than 5 miles from our house and something that is going to be great for all of us.  We met her teachers last week, and I knew she was going to love this new milestone.

Here is Avery playing in the kitchen when she went to meet her teachers and classmates.


I was pleased to make it home from work early Wednesday morning and well rested. Avery had fun looking in her new tote bag for school and trying to carry it around the house as we got her ready.  She smiled pretty for some pictures on the front porch.



"Alright, Mommy, I'm ready to go!"

We shared an egg and cheese bagel on the way to school.  She has developed a love for Brueggers.  Grammy and Pepaw's house was on our way, so we stopped to say "hey."

Avery was all smiles and ran down the hall when we got into the building.  Her buddy, Ava, from down the street was there too.  She went right to Miss Erin and went straight to playing with all the toys.  Avery adjusted right away, and she never looked back.  I am proud that she was such a big girl, but part of me knew my baby was growing up.  I watched her through the glass for a few seconds and then walked to my car with a big smile, proud of my little girl and thinking about what I was going to do with all my free time on Monday and Wednesday mornings.


At pick up time, she was still going strong and playing in her classroom.  There were a lot of tears from her classmates, and when they opened the door my little peanut continued to play.  All her teachers said she played incredibly hard the entire time and that she did awesome. I was so glad to hear this news and excited to give Avery a big hug.  Her little hair was full of curls so she must have really played hard when outside on the playground.

 Avery enjoyed a snack on the way home.  Next week she goes for the full 3 hours and will be eating lunch at school.  This will be nice because Mommy can take her right home for an afternoon nap.  I hope she continues to love school and her teachers.  We are excited to see how much she learns and grows in the coming school year.




No comments: