Monday, January 9, 2012

Teeth

     Three days prior to Avery being 7 months old, she had her first tooth appear.  I was working my usual Tuesday shift and got a text from my dad letting me know that a tooth broke through.  He also told me that he needed to buy Avery a suit because "the first to find a tooth buys a suit."  This is an old saying I was not aware of, but I suggested it be a swimsuit.  I was excited for her first tooth, and that Avery will be getting a new swimsuit for this summer.  Her second tooth should be coming through any day now, as we can feel it right beneath her gums.  I wonder what she gets from the person who finds her second tooth?...ha ha!

      Avery was fussy for a small portion of the day after her tooth appeared and a few times prior to it breaking through.  We are very fortunate that the tooth monster didn't have too much effect on our sweet girl.  I am ready with some over-the-counter remedies and some teething rings for the next round, but we hope the rest of her teeth are just as bearable.

No comments: